During the pandemic, we remain open.
Our dedicated team are continuing to provide a highly responsive service for our patients who require immediate attention for emerging and critical eye care needs including severe eye pain, double vision or loss of vision.
As always, our patients’ health and safety are our highest priority. Please be assured we have the highest standard precautions to guard against transmissible infectious disease such as COVID-19 and Influenza. This includes the following measures:
- Undertaking temperature checks on patients arriving at the clinic if appropriate and proportionate.
- Making alcohol-based hand sanitiser widely available throughout our clinic and the entrance to our building.
- Limiting clinic sizes and total number of patients present at any one time thereby ensuring social distancing measures (up to 2 metres) are maintained in our clinic reception and wait areas. This includes chair spacing.
- Providing a separate area for carers while we attend to patients.
- Requesting cashless payments (electronic transactions and pre-pay) where possible to minimise physical contacts.
- Providing staff with shields, masks and gloves to mitigate the risks of transmission.
- Ensuring our contact surfaces and equipment are thoroughly disinfected to a hospital grade standard enhanced by periodic anti-microbial Bio-fogging.
- Using appropriate precautions with anyone exhibiting signs of illness such as fever, cough or shortness of breath.
Our clinic services during the pandemic period are as follows:
- Emergent or semi-urgent appointments available six days a week Monday to Saturday.
- Urgent same day appointments available from 3pm Monday to Saturday.
Limited privately billed, non-Medicare rebate Tele Health is available for existing patients.
All appointments must now be booked through our reception.
Please call 07 3832 1700 between 8am-5pm Monday to Saturday.
To access the out-of-hours emergency referral service, please call our local hotline on 07 3333 1740.
These measures are in place for six months from April 2020 and may be extended.