During the pandemic, we remain open.
Our dedicated team are continuing to provide a highly responsive service for our patients who require immediate attention for emerging and critical eye care needs including severe eye pain, double vision or loss of vision.
As always, our patients’ health and safety are our highest priority.
Please be assured we have deployed multi-modal precautions to guard against transmissible infectious respiratory diseases.
This includes the following measures:
- Temperature checks on patients arriving at the clinic during peak COVID periods which are appropriate and proportionate.
- Hand sanitizer is widely available throughout our clinic and at the entrances to our buildings.
- Social distancing measures (up to 2 metres) are available in our clinic reception and wait areas.
- Providing a separate area for carers while we attend to patients.
- Cashless payments (electronic transactions and pre-pay) minimise physical contact.
- Staff are provided with shields, N95 L3 masks and gloves to mitigate the risks of transmission.
- Patients are expected to wear masks in-doors during appointments and we have a supply of surgical masks available.
- Ensuring our desk top surfaces, carpets and equipment are thoroughly disinfected to a hospital grade standard.
- HEPA Air filter fans
- All patients undergoing routine Day Surgical Procedures must be fully vaccinated against COVID. During Winter months (June – Sept) we now require current Influenza vaccination prior to elective surgery in the over 50+ age group.
Our clinic services during the pandemic period remain as follows:
- Emergent or semi-urgent appointments available six days a week Monday to Saturday.
All appointments must be booked through reception.
Please call 07 3832 1700 between 8am-5 pm Monday to Friday or 8am – 12 noon Saturday.
Out-of-hours access, for new patients holding a written referral who have been examined and assessed by a medical practitioner or optometrist; and for existing patients with urgent needs, call 07 3333 1740